Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bullet Point List #5,612

Lists allow me to put down all my random and incoherent thoughts on one page for your viewing (mocking) pleasure. And it is easier than sculpting a meaningful blog post. Me likey.

  • I would be such an awesome rich person. Seriously, give me all your money, you won't be sorry.
  • Regardless of what my sister tells you, November is awesome. thisclose to Christmas wonderfulness, but far enough away that you get to look forward to all the ensuing festivities and good times. PLUS, Thanksgiving turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and pumpkin pie? GET OUT OF TOWN.
  • Sometimes I wonder why certain obscure bands get radio play [Kings of Leon] and some are tragically ignored [Mute Math]. Don't get me wrong, I like Kings of Leon and despite what J thinks, they earned their current level of fame. But I challenge you to listen to both Mute Math CDs, catch their concert, and watch their videos online and EXPLAIN to me why they aren't rolling in the mainstream fame and success they deserve. Although I have to say, I like it when really good bands don't have that one hit song plastered all over the radio non-stop until a once treasured melody makes my ears bleed. Plus, white people would have no indie music to brag about liking if they all got radio play. So I guess I will stop complaining. Or stop listening to the radio.
  • Holy crap, start watching "Modern Family". Best new comedy of the year [votes taken from me and tallied by me].
  • Who else wishes they had thought of Jim Halpert's Halloween get-up first? Who will admit it took them in excess of 5 minutes to actually figure out what his costume meant? Just me? Well then ok.
  • I have been craving Layne's for a week now. I might crack if I don't get my fix soon. If you have ever lived in College Station, you probably know what I mean.
  • Ever notice how when you work in an office, things that are supposed to be fun, like say "Secret Santa" or "CSR Bingo", always end up turning into just another set of rules and regulations that you have to follow and be held accountable for, laced with guidelines that must be met based upon standards that are ridiculous and/or unattainable for everyone, until your boss has eventually sucked all the potential fun out of the activity? No? Just my office?

1 comment: