Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Commitment FAIL.

You may recall a post I made about a month ago listing the following goals (or probably not):

I vow to cut out dairy for a month to see what happens.
I vow to go running/work out 3 times a week (at least).
I vow to continue to avoid fast food restaurants.

Well before you start thinking "Wow, she is really doing a great job making healthy changes in her life", let me update you on my "progress" and simultaneously shatter the illusion.

1. Ate dairy about 3 days after the original post. Delicious. Decided it was totally worth the stomach aches.
2. Actually kept up with this for 2 weeks (high five?). Then went to Hawaii. And eased comfortably back into eat eat eat, sit sit sit, repeat repeat repeat.
3. Probably did best with this. But just TRY and keep me away from Chick-Fil-A, Wendy's, Whataburger and McDonald's for an extended period of time. There aren't enough fruit and vegetables in the world to block the doors.

Why can't I ever stick to resolutions like this? What does that say about me? Or better question, after 25 years of resolution FAIL, why do I keep acting like making them is going to make any difference at all?

Hope. That's why. HOPE. HOPE FOR CHANGE. Wait, where am I going with this. Look, donuts in the kitchen. EAT.

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous that you have a Chick-Fil-A!

    I would've been the same way about eating better. Good for you for making the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. slow and steady wins the race (says the girl who has recently rekindled a deep, God-fearing love for french fries)....

    ReplyDelete