Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Macbook Day!

Today is the day I get my Macbook!! I ordered it online last week and TODAY I GET IT (the marvel of the modern day postal system)!!! I am so stoked. Now I cross my fingers that my neighbor still has her internet unlocked so I can steal it. HEY don't judge me, internet is expensive and.... I'm cheap. Well I guess I DID spend a lot of money on a Macbook, so maybe cheap is not the word....perhaps picky about what I am willing to spend money on? I spit on you Comcast and your $500 million internet charge. I need to also do some research of restaurants/coffee shops near me that let you use their internet for free....

Irrelevant. I GET A MACBOOK TODAY! Don't hate, sister of mine.

In other exciting news, all my shows will be premiering soon, yippee!! I have a slight obsession with television. NERD ALERT: I made a spreadsheet showing when all the shows I want to watch come on so I could determine which ones overlap, thus making it possible to properly organize my dvr for optimal recording and to decide which shows will be relegated instead to internet viewing. OMG, I am quite certain I have a problem. Intervention please. SIDE NOTE: dvr changed my life.

As if the shows I am already addicted to weren't enough, some new ones will be premiering that I think I might check out, you know just to see if they are any good (read: see if I can make my problem even worse). One such show is Glee on FOX. I saw the "sneak preview" of it this past spring and it seems like it will be a hoot. I'll let you know. Also, something called Flash Forward on ABC. Always the sucker for anything slightly sci-fi, I could possibly get on board with this if it turns out to showcase good writing and acting. Also doesn't hurt that it stars "Charlie" from LOST, my ultimate TV obsession. Morbid curiosity has me set to dvr the remake of Melrose Place on the CW. But I think my "trashy young people on TV" quota might already be filled with my viewing dedications to Gossip Girl and the 90210 remake. Only time will tell.

But before you label me a loser TV junkie, the only shows that are a MUST watch to me are: The Office, Grey's Anatomy, and So You Think You Can Dance. Lost and American Idol would make that list too, but they don't premiere until January, phew. I think that is a respectable number of shows. I will NOT, however, reveal the total number on my spreadsheet. 'Tis embarrassing.

4 comments:

  1. you are going to love your macbook SO much :)

    I'm with you on The Office, LOST and SYTYCD. Definitely can't miss them. I also add in How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love HIMYM! Barney is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIMYM and the Big Bang Theory are totally the best...I also like Big Love, but they're HBO and weird timing and crap. I need a spreadsheet.

    I'm not sure I'll be able to handle AI this year, I hate Kara and with Paula gone, it just won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a spreadsheet for tv shows, truly hilarious - I am a spreadsheet queen!

    Flashforward looks interesting and i think Penny from LOST is in it too

    hoorah for tv shows coming back on

    My other favorite show: 30 Rock, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete