Thursday, April 29, 2010

April 2010 Post

And you thought I would make it through April without posting once! Well, here is my obligatory April blog to prove you dead wrong.

I decided today to really get motivated in my day to day activities. As it may be clear through reading this blog, I like TV. A lot. Sometimes [most times] it distracts me from doing things my mind and body would most definitely benefit from more. I am going to buy some kind of organizational tool (filofax/calendar) to hold me accountable for things that need to and should be accomplished daily (I must thank my friend JBierman for this inspiration). I have always been a "lists" girl and live my life with sticky notes. EVERYWHERE (you should see my desk at work). Perhaps this will simplify things so I can be more efficient with my personal to do lists. Now I can structure my free time to include things such as reading books, cooking dinner, working out, etc. I know how I am, and if it is written down, so shall it be done. Motivation here I come! Expect more posting from now on too- I plan to structure that in weekly. OH THE POSSIBILITIES. I will report back on any success I have.

Wish me and my nerd self luck. Oh and list below any books you think are a must read. I am making a list of novels to conquer.

2 comments:

  1. FINALLY. I've missed you, you big dork.
    To read:
    The Alchemist: because it's AMAZING
    Tuesdays with Morrie: because it's the last book I finished, a short read, and lovely
    Anything by Laurie Notaro: TRUST ME, I have yet to find someone whose books could make me laugh so hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to know there are other 'list girls' out there :)

    Here are some books I read recently and really enjoyed: Water for Elephants, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

    if you want to see what friends are reading, you might check out goodreads.com, you can use your facebook log in which makes it really easy!

    ReplyDelete