Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cavity

I think I have a cavity. I haven't had a cavity in so long I don't even remember what you have to do to fix a cavity. How do you know if you have a cavity? I have a tendency to be a little dramatic when it comes to my various maladies, but it is very painful to eat cold beverages and foods on this one specific tooth (for several days now) and I am not really sure what else it could possibly be. "Go to the dentist," you say. Well, 7 days ago, this would not have been an issue- mind you for the past 25 years this would not have been an issue. But as of 4/1/09, my dental coverage was cancelled, voluntarily, by me. I cannot give you a better example of the kind of luck I have.

On a brighter note, American Idol is on tonight!! VOTE FOR ALLISON- I have no clue why this wonderfully talented girl is getting NO LOVE from America. I intend to vote repeatedly for her tonight. I know, I have gone to the "dark side"- a place where reality television is of great value and importance. But I like it here. There is much entertainment.

3 comments:

  1. Depending on how much your cavity hurts. You can call a dentist and fin dout what it will cost you out of pocket to just go and have it filled if need be (Clint's last one was a $90 visit and $150 for filling) and generally they may negotiate rates with you, as they regularly accept less from insurance companies than their standrad bill.

    If it doesn't hurt THAT bad and doesn't appear to be damaging your other teeth, there are enamel hardening toothpastes you can use in the mean time and I assume it will be another year before you can get your dental insurance reinstated. I have actually had a dentist find a soft spot on my tooth and tell me that he'd rather wait and see if it develops into a cavity than do anything about it and in the meantime to use the special toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caulk that sucker. $2.99 at Lowe's.

    (Some standard disclaimer about not being a doctor. And/or serious.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea what a cavity feels like either but do have problems with tooth sensitivity, especially if I eat or drink certain things. Like Lemonheads. Or wine coolers. Anyway, I second Kristine's idea about the enamel-hardening toothpaste.

    ReplyDelete