Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Attack of the Trolls.







Does anyone remember those creepy troll things we used to play with? Why did I ever want one of these? Why did my mother let me play with them? Why would someone think to market these? I mean, seriously- how creepy are they?



I'm not sure what made me think of this, but it reminds me of other toys kids should never be allowed to play with. Scissors, plastic wrap, fire- all things to avoid. But add to the list: Furbees and Bratz Dolls.

Offender #1: Furbees. OK, who ever thought these were cute? They actually remind me a little too much of gremlins, a series of movies which horrified me as a child and have scarred me for life. Maybe that is my issue with them. Or perhaps it's the fact that they talk to you. And their mouths move. And they are creepy. And they might kill you in your sleep.








Offender #2: Bratz Dolls. Are we attempting to raise our children as hoochie mamas? I don't know which part is more offensive: their abnormally large heads, the fact that they spell brats with a "z", their stripper pole wardrobe, or the general insinuation that it is "cool" to be a brat. They are ugly and stupid.






I'm sure I missed some other equally creepy toys, so let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Bratz are my #1 pet peeve. HATE THEM. They are banned from my house - not that anyone is asking for them.

    Boys toys seem to be far less creepy, although yesterday I saw batman handcuffs in the boys' toy section...because what every 5 year old boy needs is a way to restrain another kid - probably his sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about the bratz dolls. I have NEVER understood the hoochieness message they send out.

    Do you remember Popples?! I just remember I HAD to have one and I really don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Popples!! I had several. I used to hide stuff in the pockets to keep it away from my bratty little sister. Heh.

    I agree with your assessments above. Bratz are terrible and my daughter will not be allowed to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trolls are no lie so weird. I wanted them, but of course Mom said no. Then I got a red one and a green one for Christmas from my uncle and I got to play with them till my uncle left.

    Don't get me started on "how to prostitute yourself" BratZ....

    Popples are indeed weird. I had 2.

    Face it though, if you look at Cabbage Patch Kids too long and think about babies being born in heads of cabbage, you will never eat salad again ;).

    ReplyDelete