Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leapin' Leprechauns!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I would like to take this opportunity to list some Irish things (and some, more accurately, Irish inspired things) I think make the world a better place.

1. Baileys Irish Cream: You. Complete me.

2. Lucky Charms: Marshmallows!!! In my cereal!?!?! EVEN BETTER!!!

3. Liam Neeson: He's just friggin cool.

4. Blarney Stone: a stone in Blarney Castle, near Cork in Ireland, that is said to give the power of persuasive talk to people who kiss it. Also, fun to say.

5. Leprechauns: Creepy little buggers, but they do make one hell of a movie (and an endless line of sequels, including this gem).

6. Riverdance: As Chandler on Friends put it, "his legs flail about, as if independent from his body!"


So go kick back, drink some green beer, dance a jig and pick a four leaf clover.

2 comments:

  1. In 2nd grade one of the teachers would pay us a nickel for every 4 leaf clover we found. I think she may have been out $0.50 by the end of the school year, but we sure weren't bugging her during recess. That's my only St. Patrick-ish memory, and I guess technically, she did it all year long, not just March 17th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA, I remember that teacher!! It never occured to me until just now that she was trying to keep us busy and out of her hair. Good call.

    ReplyDelete