Thursday, March 26, 2009

Personal Grievance

ATTN: Local ABC Affiliate

I don't know you personally, so you may not have been briefed. There is one hour of television every week that is not to be interrupted for anything. No news briefs, no fires, no emergencies, no natural disasters can keep me from being glued to the television set from 8-9 PM on Wednesday nights for my weekly dose of Lost. Except last night, you decided it was smart to take up 5 MINUTES of my show to inform me of the rain I could already hear outside and the possible tornadoes in the suburbs, far away from where I live. Thank God you put that tiny little square of live picture from the Lost episode in the corner of the screen because it is so useful to be able to SEE what I am missing when all the characters are doing is sitting there TALKING about something that I can't HEAR, especially on a show like Lost where the dialogue is so important to figuring out what is going on. This live video box only served to mock me. Thank you, Tim Heller, for going on and on about the possible tornadoes when a warning strip on the bottom of the screen would have sufficed and avoided corrupting the flow of the episode. Or would it have been too hard to do this little update during a commercial break? I mean God forbid I miss another commercial for dogfood or erectile dysfunction or something.

Lucky for you, Lost episodes are online the next day, so I can view the portion of which I was robbed. But this isn't over, ABC affiliate.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, thank God for the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So apparently you can't say "erectile dysfunction" in a blog and not get some creepy comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA, I hate it when a show is interrupted for weather crap. Or political commentary, blah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha....we had the same thought, and did you notice his second break in he said "don't worry you won't miss LOST"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen Hurley's blog?

    http://dispatchesfromtheisland.blogspot.com/

    Love it. He's very random.

    Also, and you will appreciate this being a fan of LOST, my sister totally hangs out with Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick)...like they invite Ian and his wife over for dinner and stuff. Crazy Scots.

    AND, Matthew Fox's kids also go to the same school as my niece and nephew in Hawaii. I saw him at their Christmas recital-thing. He was about a foot away from me and I almost wet my pants.

    OK, I'm done now. I was reliving it. I am v. v. uncool.

    ReplyDelete