Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Trekkie Day!

I am going to see Star Trek today!! Laugh all you want, but I am super excited. I used to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation with my family all the time and the original Star Trek movies are awesome (Khaaaaannn!!!!!!). I am by no means an actual "trekkie", but I am not ashamed to admit a healthy fondness for the show. So far the critics have hailed it as a must see, so here's hoping they don't murder the franchise.

Going back to a previous blog from this week, I would like to make a general disclaimer:

DO NOT SEE Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Do not pass go, do not spend $10 for a ticket- it is a waste of money and 2 hours you will never get back. Phew, had to get that out. I really don't know WHAT I was expecting from a Matthew McConaughey flick- Oscar winning performances? Witty dialogue? Clever plotlines? Cohesive scenes? Believable characters? Well, regardless of what I was hoping for, I got none of the above. I didn't even get a cheesily-constructed but slightly heartwarming chick flick. I got 2 hours of Matthew McConaughey saying creepy things to women who (believably?) fell for his "charm" (because we are all that easy) and a string of annoying, unrealistic, vapid, and did I mention ANNOYING characters that activated my "WHAT THE..." facial expressions repeatedly. OK so it wasn't the WORST piece of crud ever put to film, and I didn't walk out, so I guess it was bearable enough. But I would not recommend you waste YOUR time. I took one for the team, so you don't have to. You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. dude seriously, I hate McConaghey. Ick.

    Also, I believe the show you're referring to was Star Trek: The Next Generation.

    Also also, I typed this all out on my iPhone. FOR YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad, cause I really like McConaghey...and his abs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. you are a freaking dork.
    2. call me easy. i think matt is a hottieeeee......

    ReplyDelete